Hirsutism means excessive abnormal body hair.
Hirsutism refers to the growth of excessive, coarse, dark hair in areas where hairs and normally absent or no hair at all.
It refers to male pattern hair growth in women – above the lip, and on the chin, chest, abdomen, and back.
This growth is caused by an excess of any of the hormones called androgens (Sex hormones).
Hirsutism – CAUSE
- Hirsutism is caused by an excess production or action of androgens (Sex Hormones), usually produced by the ovaries and adrenal glands.
- Several different conditions can lead to hirsutism. The two most common causes of hirsutism are polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and idiopathic hirsutism.
- Both are diagnosed by physical examination, medical and family history, and, sometimes, blood tests that help exclude the rare causes of hirsutism
Hirsutism – DIAGNOSIS
- Physical examination is the primary process.
- History of any other systemic symptoms with hirsutism may suggest the cause.
- Hormonal essay is important for confirm the diagnosis.
Hirsutism – CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT
- Laser hair removal is often done along with treatment of any underlying hormonal disorder.
- Medications consist mostly of antiandrogens, drugs that block the effects of androgens like testostrrone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body.
Homeopathy Treatment & Homeopathic Remedies for Hirsutism
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions. The medicines given below indicate the therapeutic affinity but this is not a complete and definite guide to the treatment of this condition. The symptoms listed against each medicine may not be directly related to this disease because in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional indications are also taken into account for selecting a remedy. To study any of the following remedies in more detail, please visit our Materia Medica section. None of these medicines should be taken without professional advice.
- Corticotrophinum (ACTH)
- Apis mellifica
- Baryta carb
- Calcarea carb
- Oleum j,
- Masculinisation in women, hair distribution on unwanted area.
- Timid in company. Anxious when alone.
- Forgetful for names, mistakes in spelling and speaking.
- Absence of menses in young girls.
- Dry skin with heat at night.
- Immaturity, delayed development. Slow learning to talk and walk.
- Childishness in old people. Senility. Silly.
- Shy, timid, lack of self confidence.
- Immature development of parts of the body.
- Patient is emotionally sensitive, refined.idealistic.
- Unable to cry, cries when alone. Sobbing.
- Complaints from grief, disappointment and emotional shock.
- Sleeplessness from grief.
- Cycle irregularities
- Hot flushes
- All symptoms worse from ovulation to menses
- All symptoms better after menses except specific menstrual symptoms
- Worse from heat, noise, touch, resting
- Prolonged and heavy bleeding with
- Bright red blood and dark dots